Greentea Peng - MAN MADE
Jun 6, 2021
FAVORITE TRACK: Suffer

LEAST FAVORITE TRACK: Meditation

I have never heard of Greentea Peng before this but this album cover entrances me and I needed to hear it.

This album is looooong. It's 18 songs and an hour. My biggest complaint for this is in the length because there's so much content, that it gets hard to seperatr songs. If I didn't take notes on this, I wouldn't be able to differentiate a lot of these tracks. But besides that, MAN MADE is a really well made Neo-soul album. Greentea Peng's voice is wonderful on this whole project. She sounds great on Make Noise, Dingaling and This Sound. Peng has a very laidback and calm demeanor in her voice that makes all these songs sound cool.

To add to her cool sounding voice, there's amazing instrumentals on here. Very inspired by psychedelic sound,Greentea Peng brings interesting instrumentals and concepts to this whole project. Jimtastic Blues has a wonderful violin in it that closes the album great. Maya and Sinner have a guitar on them that hits and makes the songs so intense and badass, working with Peng's unique voice. Satta is fun and bluesy. Suffer sounds like a SZA track in the best way possible because of the instrumentals. They're very R&B in nature and work well with Peng. Be Careful has my favorite instrumental on the whole record as it is so different and memorable. A lot of these songs lead into the next which I thought was an interesting concept that works well.

MAN MADE is an extremely impressive and well-made debut. It's a very magical, psychedelic experience and everything works to make Peng a cool diva. Even with the abundance of content, Greentea Peng is an impressive and inspired artist.
Comments
Butterfly 3000
Maroon 5 - JORDI
Maroon 5
JORDI
Bo Burnham - Inside (The Songs)
Bo Burnham