Declan McKenna - What Do You Think About The Car?
FAVORITE TRACK: Isombard

LEAST FAVORITE TRACK: None

I never really talk about it but Declan McKenna is one of my favorite singers alive. I fell in love with Brazil the first time I heard it and this album was a game-changer for me at the time I heard it. I've seen Declan live when he toured for this album and met him (super awesome dude) and I've made some amazing friends through his fanbase.

What Do You Think About the Car? is an essential album for modern day pop rock. McKenna's songs are personal and catchy with amazing vocals and he doesn't fear from going in a strange direction with sound. The complete 180 in sound on Humongous is just genius and his use of synths and unusual beats matched with his incredible guitar playing is so amazing. It's the way every song has its own personality and tells a completely different story- from an imaginative story about a man who lives in a waterfall to the story of a transgender teen committing suicide- that helps put WDYTATC ahead of the curve in this shift of pop rock music. McKenna is the voice of androgynous suburban kids around the world and that is what makes him so amazing and makes this album as close to perfect as you can get.

Alos Isambard is one of the best songs I've ever heard in my life.
cool review ! really insightful
Aug 9, 2020
I love this album. Great review!