Charli XCX - Charli
Jan 19, 2020
One of my favourite albums of 2019. I couldn't skip this review. "Charli" is by far the best album of Charli XCX and one of the best albums of the (last) decade.
I love how Charli includes the voice changes on the record. It does sound natural, and it makes her work even more unique. If you see someone else doing it, you might think of Charli XCX and her robot way to work on albums. I'm not saying that artists who also use this are copying her, but there is no way to escape from comparing.

My favourite songs are "Cross You Out", "Offical", "White Mercedes", "Gone", and "Next Level Charli". There are songs that I don't like because they are not for me, such as "Shake It" and "Click", but if they were out of the album, something would be missing.

At last, she is lyrically excellent, and the production sounds like you're getting into a romance of a robot, once you hear its heartbeat. (I'm just kidding tho). It is a high-quality pop album and shows that XCX is more artistically than ever before.
Jan 19, 2020
As a Charli fan myself I'm so glad to read all of these words, and being impartial... I couldn't agree more with your words. Charli has definitely made her own mark in the music industry with her unique perspective of pop music. I think "Charli" is the ultimate compilation of her visions and her personality, that's what makes the album so special and memorable. Charli has been out there for years and it was a joy to see her musical growth, even tho my favorite album still the early "True Romance", but what I'm trying to say is that she sculpted her image throughout the years perfectly, that's why she gained respect from a bunch of irreverent artists and from her big and intimate audience, so your statement "If you see someone else doing it, you might think of Charli XCX" makes a perfect allusion to what she has achieved so far.
bvrtxk