Julia Jacklin - Crushing
Feb 18, 2019
Sydney, Australia's Julia Jacklin came my way via AOTY user reviews/comments. Popped over to Amazon Music Unlimited to find this LP and was met with only 4 of the 10 tracks total. [Pausing]... [Internalizing]... WTF Amazon. Oh. Hmm. What's that you say? The official release date is 22 Feb 2019. [Blushes] [Comes back to focus] [Smiling]... Really nice find. So, thanks to JohnLouisHoward, dearsongs, and WildChameleon for the intro, and enthusiastic reviews. On 'Crushing' Jacklin shares her introspective Feminist thoughts (Body) which for me is an important revelation, culturally significant and hella appropriate. ‘Pressure to Party’ is also a worthwhile track. I've only looped it now for the last 30 minutes. [Grins]... Uh, yes. I am compulsive. And, yes I do (most) times talk to myself out loud while I'm writing. [Solemn face] Okay, so she's available on Bandcamp as a pre-order for cheap in USD. Nice. Generous. Here's my suggestion: The local public library is a smart place to find her earlier release in physical form. Hoopla, Amazon Music Unlimited, and Bandcamp all allow streaming. Jacklin has that female voice that layers in just the right register for my ear holes. ‘Crushing’ has its Alt-country vibe, contemporary Feminist views, and Singer/Songwriter competency. Winner. Thanks again for the tips, bruvs. Tah!
Thanks the mention 🙌🏻
Feb 18, 2019
also, thanks and the whole thing is streaming on NPR right now https://www.npr.org/2019/02/14/693657988/first-listen-julia-jacklin-crushing
Feb 19, 2019
You're both welcome. I enjoy your shares and often discover new music as a consequence.
Feb 19, 2019
It's pleasure to give good listening ;)
JohnLouisHoward