Pearl Charles - Magic Mirror
Jan 16, 2021
⭐ First 2021 Review ⭐

So, I came across this album (and artist) while looking for new albums to listen to before everyone starts releasing stuff throughout the year. I was instantly intrigued by the cover art, because Pearl is gorgeous and the filter made me think "okay this could be a vibe" , and damn was it a VIIIIBEEEEE!!!

Without looking up anything about the artist, I went into this album. The first track is such a 70's-inspired disco jam and I got immediately hooked. The sound of the album then changes into a more of a Cosmic Country sort of vibe. It was great. The sentiments and lyrics of the tracks really made me live and see life through the eyes of Pearl.

The title-track "Magic Mirror" is definitely the highlight of the album. I have to say, though, it felt like it should have been the closing track. It was so emotionally charged that almost everything (other than the actual great ending track) that came afterwards felt kind of lackluster.

In conclusion, the album was really nice and it's definitely a very good musical start to the year.
Jan 17, 2021
Injury Reserve
By the Time I Get to Phoenix
Little Simz - Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams (Taylor’s Version)
Wildest Dreams (Taylor’s Version)
Donda