Kurt Vile - Bottle It In
Oct 15, 2018
I swear if this website were out during the Kid A release it would've never gotten the praise it has today. So many people on here can't wait to rate things, so they immediately come to a conclusion on an album after 1 listen. You're telling me that Kurt Vile, who has pretty much gotten solid 80's throughout his career, deserves a rating after a leaked album listen? C'mon people. This is exactly what happened to the new AM and Jack White albums this year. A ton of people listened to it once, thought "whoa this is weird and not what I expected", then gave it a 30 and moved on. Some of my favorite albums ever I didn't enjoy after the first listen. I'm not saying this is the next Kid A, I'm just saying give it some time to settle before you go throwing it away.
Oct 15, 2018
A sad truth, and becoming a more common practice every day on here
Oct 18, 2018
I loved the new Jack White album, the Arctic Monkeys album shrunk on me upon repeated listens and this album got very tiring, having listened to it four times. Although I understand and largely agree with what you're saying, sometimes it really is just as simple as differing opinions.
Oct 18, 2018
When I first had contact with the discography prince I thought it was shit (I was 13-15 years old) and today I love every millimeter of creativity of the most outstanding artist of all time.

Oct 18, 2018
I understand why people might not like this album. My rant was more aimed towards the people that gave it 1 listen from the leaked CD rip and decided "meh...50".
Oct 18, 2018
gotta love how artists spend months and months (or years and years) working on something, and then we get to rag on it less than 30 minutes after it hits the internet. Some people on here have scored over 1000 albums from just this year alone... How many of those releases really got a good listen? I pretty much always try for the 'listen to something at least 3-5 times before I initially score it' method personally... but fighting the lazy reviewer is probably a losing battle.
Oct 18, 2018
On the flip side, the same can be said for people who automatically rate it a 100 or something insanely high after 1 listen. Albums take time to gestate.
Oct 18, 2018
rabble rabble ratings rabble rabble
Oct 18, 2018
endi you need to listen to BrokeNCYDE's albums 14 times before giving them a proper rating.
Oct 18, 2018
I don't think that's what he's saying at all Chimecha. Hence the sentence about Kurt Vile being credible through previous releases, with multiple strong albums and overall a lot of thought put into each release.
Oct 18, 2018
I don't see what's wrong with people giving their opinions after a first listen. Most users who use this site use it to document their current feelings, and unsurprisingly opinions ebb and flow so why bother rating and reviewing anything at all? Pulling some random number out of your ass for review and rating credibility is dumb because in a few years you're not going to feel the same about an album.
Oct 18, 2018
When I finish an album I do actually just rate it once I finish it but I always like to look back at an album again and see if it still interests me. Honestly, I really only use ratings to keep track of the amount of albums I have listened to. They are just a gimmick to me now.
Oct 19, 2018
Now my joke is ruined. Regardless of a credible past, it still pertains to coming to an immediate conclusion. What if a band is known for releasing poor music and then actually releases something good? Anyways, they already spoke for me, ratings are volatile.
Oct 20, 2018
Too true. BHR = AOTY.
Oct 22, 2018
There's no correct amount of time to spend on anything. It's not up to you whether you like or dislike something, it's the chemicals in your brain registering differently from another person.
If someone listened once and loved it, great. Fifty times and hated it, fantastic.
Why care? Just worry about your own experience.
Oct 23, 2018
To the kid that deleted his comment saying that Kid A was only hated by critics...you're wrong. It was hated by a lot of diehard fans. My point in relating this album to Kid A meant that had everyone listened to it once and rated, it would be in the 60 range. Now, I'd bet my life on it when you're searching for new music or an artist you've never listened to on here, the first thing you look at is the rating. Why else would you be on here if you didn't care about the rating?
Oct 23, 2018
Again, I'm NOT saying go listen to the new Miley Cyrus album 12 times to accurately score it...it's a Miley Cyrus album, they've all sucked and you know what you're getting into before it even starts. My rant was aimed towards the artists, like Kurt, who have had nonstop great albums. Don't you think maybe you're missing something? Or maybe you were in the wrong setting when you listened to it?
Oct 23, 2018
The most enjoyable time I've had with this album was listening to it while driving up to Cleveland. I don't know, maybe I'm just one of those weirdos who actually supports the artist and wants to give them a fair chance.
Oct 23, 2018
I'd believe the people who say ratings don't matter if they didn't conveniently rate all the albums with the highest ratings. If ratings are volatile and don't matter then don't use them to find new music on here, something I'm sure you originally made your account for. To find new music using other listeners' opinions to steer you in the right direction and get your feet wet.
Oct 25, 2018
I am on both sides. I use this site as a way of tracking my favorite albums throughout the year and to document my thoughts, and I often will give an estimated rating on my first listen. However when I do this, I will revisit the album multiple times before updating m6 thoughts and rating to a final number. It’s why I have stopped rating albums that I simply don’t care for.

I do understand how frustrating it can be when people just spew their bad ratings to albums that just come out. It’s wi
Ariana Grande - thank u, next