Julia Jacklin - Crushing
Dec 28, 2018 (updated Feb 27, 2019)
Additional thoughts:

-I really love 'Convention'
-I wish the middle part of 'turn me down' was a bit longer and more explosive as it reaches its musical crescendo. At times things are almost too restrained on the album, especially at that moment.

................

Well, here we go. This is the first of 3 female fronted singer-songwriter type albums coming out in the next few weeks that I'm really looking forward to (Weyes Blood and Hand Habits being the other two).

Julia Jacklin will certainly be elevated with this release, and its well deserved. The singles are great, the deep cuts are good/great as well. "Don't Know How to Keep Loving You" is so so fantastic. "Crushing" will inevitably be compared to the top recent releases of the genre, and JJ does a fine job of standing along side her peers.
Jan 25, 2019
And the third single is <3
Jan 25, 2019
I know right! I can't wait to hear this thing.
Feb 9, 2019
There is a live version of Don't Know How to Keep Loving You. As Julia live is pretty close to the original material, I can say it's a good piece ;)
Feb 9, 2019
alright alright so the first 4 songs on this album are all really good now. Thanks for the tip!
Feb 14, 2019
I can already feel that this is my AOTY or near to it.
Feb 14, 2019
It’s so good! Listened to it on a loop for the past 3 hours.
Feb 14, 2019
I cultivate my cells with this album today haha !
Feb 18, 2019
Okay... You've all convinced me Julia Jackson is the bomb diggity. Got 'Crushing' streaming now. 1st impression: Incredible.
JohnLouisHoward