Bobby Krlic - Midsommar
Jul 3, 2019 (updated Jul 25, 2019)
I'd give the movie somewhere around 8-8.5/10, but the score on its own isn't quiet as effective. Its beautiful music for sure, but with the visual aspect taken away it just doesn't grip me the same way. I was actually hoping they would have some of the music that the 'family' played together on here, but no such luck.

Still the film is worth seeing, so long as you enjoy slow moving psychological horror films.
Jul 5, 2019
How does it compare to Hereditary?
I absolutely loved the score of that film.
Jul 5, 2019
I'd need to go back and listen to the Hereditary score... I imagine it to be somewhat similar. I was just listening to snippets of this score and while it sounds great, its missing something I was hoping for. Without spoiling too much, in the movie there are times where people actually play 'songs' together, and I was hoping some of that would be on this score... but it seems like its more the ambient stuff from the film which I'm guessing is all the work of the Haxan Cloak guy.
Jul 5, 2019
If you appreciated Hereditary you really should check this movie out. Its really stuck with me since I saw it.
notanalt