Frank Ocean - Blonde
Aug 22, 2016 (updated Aug 23, 2016)
Blonde – The growth of an artist is something that I love. I love an artist who is not afraid to explore with new sounds, lyrics and production.

Now that I think about it, since I’ve been a child I’ve always loved innovative artist/groups; The Beatles, Outkast, Prince and Kanye West are 4 of my favorite artist who come to mind. I love them and their body of work because they reinvented themselves with most of their albums and they weren't afraid to push the envelope and create new sounds.

Breaking News: If you were looking for Frank Ocean to drop Channel Orange part 2 then this album is not for you. If you were looking for an artist to not have any growth over the span of 4+ years then this album is NOT for you. If you were looking for 2012 in 2016 then this album is not for you BUT the good thing is; you can always play Channel Orange if you want Channel Orange!!! (Because it's an incredible album)

“I may be younger but I'll look after you
We're not in love, but I'll make love to you
When you're not here I'll save some for you
I'm not him but I'll mean something to you
I'll mean something to you
I'll mean something to you” –Frank Ocean

The jump that Frank Ocean made from Channel Orange to Blonde is amazing. Lyrically he has never been better, insane storytelling, A+ production, improved vocals and the entire vibe of the album reminds me of Prince - Dirty Mind meets Andre 3000 - The Love Below meets Kanye West – 808s & Heartbreak meets Beach House – Teen Dream.

When you play Blonde the first time you will think; “this isn’t structured” but after you play a few more times you will realize that its extremely structured, dark and moody.

From Nikes to Futura Free Frank tells a story of a man who is battling with his new fame, family, friendship, love and being an introvert. Blonde to me is a great follow-up to Channel Orange because it is more colorful, creative and he wasn’t afraid to explore new sounds. Blonde to me is 100% what I expected from an artist like Frank Ocean. I’m still digesting the lyrics, sounds, production, etc. but I’m 100% digging this album and I am thankful that he finally dropped. Lastly, Blonde is a dreamy-pop-R&B-alternative masterpiece. Blonde is what the world needed. "Living so the last night feels like a past life"... #Blonde
Comments
Assume Form
Sharon Van Etten - Remind Me Tomorrow
Sharon Van Etten
Remind Me Tomorrow
Deerhunter - Why Hasn't Everything Already Disappeared?
Deerhunter
Why Hasn't Everything Already Disappeared?
Maggie Rogers - Heard It In A Past Life