Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost (Part 1)
Mar 7, 2019 (updated Mar 8, 2019)
Well, I used to worship these guys like a year ago, but I wasn't hoping this would be good due to how many bands going mainstream have failed miserably trying to update their sound. Turns out I was wrong. Foals actually presented a good set of songs with great production, very well-textured. It starts and ends well, the singles are mostly good (On The Luna and Sunday are great but I don't really dig Exits that much) and, thankfully, almost all the other songs don't feel like filler (except for Surf, Pt.1, of course, which makes me think maybe another track
wouldn't be worse...). Although, I'm kinda disappointed with the vocals. Yannis is a great singer but, I don't know, something doesn't really click here, maybe it's just me. Also, the band is sounding a little pretentious (I expected way worse...). In general, I am happy that Foals are making danceable music again, it's what they do best (go listen to antidotes if you haven't). In Degrees, On The Luna, Sunday and I'm Done With The World (& It's Done With Me) are my favourite tracks.
Mar 7, 2019
For me something didn't really click with the album. I didn't dislike any of the songs and really liked all of the singles, but I didn't feel it worked as an album. Shame because I know everyone so far is really enjoying it. Might change my mind overtime
Mar 7, 2019
You know I think you might be right, I really don't like Exits as much as some of the other songs on here and not sure if it was worthy to be the lead single but after listening to the album a few more times (and coming off my initial bias), Yannis hasn't really delivered on the vocals as well as he could've.
Mar 9, 2019
thomasny18, I feel like the exact opposite. I think the album from start to finish is pretty good and high points aren't that high. The listening experience of the whole thing is quite nice in my opinion. Of course there are standout tracks, but, for me, listening to it as a whole is more enjoyable.