Creeper - Sex, Death & the Infinite Void
Jul 31, 2020 (updated Aug 1, 2020)
Creepers debut showed a lot of promise but felt pretty mediocre and somewhat generic, overly dramatic and cliché at times. But it also showed hints of a theatrical sound, and this album gives up the overly dramatic and cliché feel for a more theatrical sound, that's more diverse, unique and creative. Also this is a concept album although honestly I haven't payed much attention to the lyrics to figure out what the concept is about.

The album starts out a bit lame though, the opener, I thought felt really lifeless, however, once we get to Cyanide, banger after banger after banger with 0 filler. Also "All My Friends" is exactly what I wanted the closer for their debut to be, THIS is that great piano ballad I knew they were capable of making

Hallelujah!: Interlude
Napalm Girls: 90
The Crown of Life: Interlude
Black Moon: 90
All My Friends (Hidden Track): 95

These guys fucking did it, they recovered from their rough-ish start and delivered something truly special. Nothing but praise for this band for showing such improvement where it needed to be shown!

Fav Tracks: Cyanide, Thorns Of Love, All My Friends, Four Years Ago, Poisoned Heart and Paradise
Comments