Taylor Swift - folklore
Jul 24, 2020 (updated Aug 30, 2020)
okay guys chill, finish this before rating and fuck off with the *it's been leaked* bs...

Imo this album is not just an amazing Taylor Swift album, this is an amazing album in general. She completely throws all the electropop thing out the window for a stripped down piano pop sound and I'm impressed, really impressed.

Her writing certainly improved a lot here, it's a lot better than on say...reputation. She has matured as a writer and it also shows up in the sound of this album which is kind-of indie folk/folk pop, she started as a country singer so eventually going into folk wasn't exactly the most unexpected thing ever.

Ik it's not a perfect album but I enjoyed every song a whole lot and I stand by my score, not many albums actually surprised and impressed me this year, okay that's not entirely true, sure there were a few surprises and a few albums that impressed me but none of them were as surprisingly good as this album tbh. Idk i just hope she continues down this path, while I also love her pop stuff I feel like going back to pop now would just leave a *but what if* sentiment that'll carry throughout the rest of her career even if she makes some really great pop stuff.

Fav Tracks: the last American dynasty, exile, August, this is me trying, invisible string, Betty and hoax
Jul 24, 2020