Carrie Underwood - Cry Pretty
Nov 5, 2018 (updated Nov 5, 2018)
I've never listened to any of Carrie's albums in full before. I was completely blown away by this. I remember loving her song 'Blown Away' years and years ago. It was the first song I was able to fully memorize. This album is so beautiful. So many beautiful heartfelt songs and topics like a family's loss from gun violence or drinking problems.

'Cry Pretty' is honestly a beautiful song. I nearly came to tears hearing it in full for the first time. 'Ghosts On The Stereo' and 'Low' also accomplish the factor of being great songs, but I couldn't get myself to be moved to cry, at least. 'Backsliding' also follows the lower-tone and ballad-like type songs. 'Southbound' takes a step more into the countryside, but is still good.

'The Song That We Used To Make Love To' is the only song I can't fully immerse myself in. I originally kept it at 99 for this reason, but the album is just too good to not get a perfect score.

Tracks 7 - 9, 'Drinking Alone,' 'The Bullet,' and 'Spinning Bottles' are my favorite tracks on the album, besides 'Cry Pretty' They're all extremely good songs, sounding different than each other in one way or another.

'Love Wins,' 'End Up With You,' and 'Kingdom' are also three really great songs used to close out the album before 'The Champion (ft. Ludacris)' takes center stage to close out the album with a powerful message.

Believe me, this album is worth listening to. I don't like listening to country music. It bores me. However, this album was so touching and heartfelt that I couldn't help but listen all the way through.

Essential Tracks: Cry Pretty, Ghosts On The Stereo, Drinking Alone, The Bullet, Spinning Bottles, End Up With You, Kingdom
Least Essential Tracks: The Song That We Used To Make Love To