Ali Spagnola - The Box (Ali Spagnola Cover)
Apr 4, 2020 (updated Apr 4, 2020)
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Ali Spagnola's The Box. The genius behind it is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of music theory most of the music will go over a typical listener's head. There's also Ali's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her discography - her personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this music, to realize that it's not just beautiful- it says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Ali Spagnola's The Box truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, that in Ali's existencial catchphrase "Ee Er" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Ali Spagnola's genius unfolds itself through their headphones. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Ali Spagnola tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
Apr 6, 2020