Run the Jewels - RTJ4
Jun 3, 2020
At this painful hour that the United States is going through, which finally touches all the sensible and respectable men of the world, there was nothing better than the duo RTJ to make their voices shout.

It was so much awaited, 4 years later, this last volume has nothing to envy to the others. With an expected brutality, the duo didn't chew, nor mumbled, their words and messages, remaining faithful to themselves. Yet they knew how to develop and evolve their formula which had already seduced the audience so much. What's both surprising and very worrying is that if you take any of their previous albums, increasingly real with this one, RDJ show how serious and urgent the situation still remains. As if nothing had changed. And they're not wrong. What's more, they're one of the artists best placed to point the finger at the injustices that millions of people are living through.

The most striking difference on this new volume is that they have accentuated the overwhelming rhythm and brutality by making the production and interpretation darker than ever. From the first second to the last, we find ourselves plunging violently into the angry crowd, into a world of flame and smoke. It's as if only the colour red was coming out of this chaotic atmosphere. It's still too early to really judge the huge punch we've just received, but one thing's for sure and certain is that the duo continue to "individually" make their way towards the status of legend (which I doubt they will ever achieve), while making their art a historical fact, engraved forever.
Doublez's Tags