Honey Harper - Starmaker
Mar 10, 2020
Starmaker is the kind of dream you would like to revisit every night, because in addition to being a real surprise, it is of such fascinating beauty and emotion.

Originally from Atlanta, now living in London, Honey Harper offers an alternative music with a traditional and cultural character, which can be defined as Country or Folk, but after listening to Starmaker you will understand that even though it has a basic sound that we will find in the whole, it has a totally diversified palette of styles and instruments (often it is even very orchestral). When I read his Spotify biography, I quote because it's totally true: "On Starmaker, Harper seeks to revitalize country music for people who don't life country music". Personally I'm not a big country fan and I find that today's country artists too often offer generic music and/or full of exaggerated stereotypes, but it's clear that Honey Harper is the man who can make you change your mind.

Honestly there is no weak moment, there are only beautiful songs whether musically or lyrically. Behind this dreamy, melancholic and sometimes warm, sometimes foggy atmosphere lies a very interesting writing, where introspection and reflection is the heart of Starmaker's overall idea. It's important to say that Harper didn't imagine Starmaker to revolutionize music, because you won't learn anything, but he articulated and transformed it to make it so seductive and perfect. Stop on it and profit
Doublez's Tags
Apr 10, 2020
Thanks a lot of the review, I think I found my favourite album of the year
Apr 10, 2020
@thomasuic You're welcome, man! My pleasure! What fantastic album , enjoy it!
TommyCook