María José Llergo - Sanación
Feb 6, 2020
Today I was looking for something new to listen to, without finding anything interesting and then I came across Sanacion, a Latin folk work by a Spanish singer Maria José Llergo, and I can sincerely say that it is a nice and pleasant surprise.

Rhythmed by her flamenco and downtempo roots, which she takes from her Andalusian culture, since she was born in the south of Spain in Pozoblanco, Maria offers us a refined and bewitching music. I still have an interest in traditional Latin styles, far from the dance-hall and most of this new pop culture that is ravaging the audience. All the more so since Sanacion stands out for its subtlety, as much in Maria's writing and sublime voice as in the instrumentation that promotes richness. Which means that Sanacion never falls into, I wouldn't say "generic", I'd rather say easy.

I've listened to it, listened to it again and again, it's an interesting universe in its own right, there are many elements to discover and rediscover. There are a lot of things to discover and rediscover. The more you listen to it, the more the project becomes more beautiful. Sanacion is composed of 7 tracks, and I would say that it has 2 dissociable parts, the first one which is very traditional folklore oriented, very atmospheric with a lot of contemplation and reflections. Then the second one, with the last 2 songs, in contrast, much more modern with electronic sounds. The whole remains very coherent and very exciting
Doublez's Tags