Empty Country - Empty Country
Mar 25, 2020
Empty Country is a totally sensational album, which doesn't only cotton to pure and raw indie rock, it exudes great emotion and seizable sincerity. It is to my surprise one of the most remarkable, thrilling and captivating rock albums I've listened to in recent months.

Founder of the indie band Rock Cymbals Eat Guitars, which disbanded around 2017, leaving us 4 remarkable albums including Why There Are Mountains and LOSE, Joseph D'Agostino offers us a first solo album in the continuity of what he had already shown before. On the other hand, being a solo, Empty Country is logically more personal than ever before, and it's a very pleasant thing to continue to discover Joseph D'Agostino more than 10 years later. You'd think when you discover this album that he's going to be like a lot of other albums, especially because the beginning of the year gives out a lot of energy, with a muscular indie rock, but you realize that there's depth to it all. Very quickly the album transforms itself in a masterful way, with a lot of pop elements accompanied by a remarkable orchestration, to something intense and totally catchy. The melodies become more and more efficient and the content becomes more and more emotional, like a bomb ready to explode.

No doubt that this album never shows any novelty or innovation, yet it lacks ambition and pretension. Empty Country is simply an album of disconcerting beauty that never tires of being influenced. In the end, like D'Agostino who gives himself up, this album is drawn from life experience, musical influence and so many memories that will come to the surface when you listen to it. Personally for me it's too late, I'm conquered
Doublez's Tags
Mar 25, 2020
YES YES YES YES WWWWWWWWW WVERYONE NEEDS TO HEAR THIS
Totally agree!
Mar 26, 2020
Just pure, well crafted indie rock. Makes me nostalgic for things that never happened.
Great summary! @AdrissD423