Yves Tumor - Heaven To A Tortured Mind
Apr 3, 2020
What can I say? That's insane !! Heaven To A Tortured Mind is a veritable explosion of flavours and colours, which instead of blinding you, transports you into the meanders of Yves Tumor's deviant universe.

Whether you feel like you're in the room that separates heaven and hell, it's actually quite normal since with Yves Tumor it's a bit of both, you never know what to expect, nor on which foot to dance. And that's what's so crazy about this marvellous album. First of all, it's important to point out that although his latest irresistible album Safe in the Hands of Love is already a great demonstration of his talent, Yves Tumor has never stopped progressing. He shows an immense potential, a possible omen of a future that will almost make people happy if he continues like this. For me, he's already one of the top artists you can find today.

Compared to the previous ones, Heaven To A Tortured Mind is much less versatile regarding musical styles/genres, although the psychedelic Neo-soul/Experimental Rock/Electronic fusion remains Yves Tumor's very identity (in the true sense of the word), yet he knew how to propose something that musically has more coherence. I really feel there's a notion of "good and evil" here, the atmosphere is sometimes chaotic, strident, cruel and absurd, sometimes it exudes a certain kind of freedom, which leaves hope. Besides, the person who sometimes seems to take malicious pleasure in doing evil and torturing his mind, sometimes remains a total question. Ironically there is a certain attachment that is created to it, in spite of the multiple contradictions. To close, in my opinion we are on some great things: a fascinating character, a writing sometimes intriguing but systematic sensational and musically there are several layers of happiness that pile up, a richness sprinkled with madness, to create a captivating and bluffing result
Doublez's Tags
Apr 4, 2020
Excellent review! The record certainly sounds interesting, I'll have to give it a listen.
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you, I appreciate your feedback! I recommend it to you, personally it's for the moment the best album I've listened to this year! When you've listened to it, you'll say what you think about it or I'll wait for your review! @Hummus
Jun 19, 2020
this album is fantastic and the highest points are definitely when yves goes full neo-soul and the melodies and sound is insanely addictive like In Romanticist/Dream Palette & Kerosene. I respect ur review immensely.
Jun 23, 2020
It's really kind, thank you very much for your comment! @LeftTwix
lachlantula