Arca - KiCk i
Jun 26, 2020 (updated 6d ago)
Kick I is the latest futuristic answer mixing psychedelia and industry, which has the gift of taking us on a sound journey as eccentric as it is sensational. Humanly speaking, never before has an Arca album been so down to earth, showing all the convictions of its author.

Whether we know her music and her history, Arca has already left her mark on pop culture and art, during the last decade, more or less on a large scale, occupying an important place in the evolution of modern music. After the esteemed success of her previous album "Arca", she decided to take the listener by surprise, proposing a new chapter in her history. Kick I puts the emphasis above all on expression, both vocal and physical. She often uses provocation to assert herself and break taboos. Without fear and without complex. Of course, there are also things that have not changed. It's an omnipresent experimentation that constantly goes against the traditional structures of a song, which often gives the impression that each song is more like a part (a piece), which once put together, forms a whole work. A lively and stunning work of fascinating richness, which hypnotizes you once you take the plunge.

Arca delivers music as atypical as her character. Through Kick I, we feel both Alejandra Ghersi's cultural and identity roots, and at the same time the fight she leads in order to be understood, as every human being deserves it. Never before has she put herself so much in the spotlight as on this new album. Like a feeling of freedom and confidence. Paradoxically, one could believe at first sight that her style and her very original musical form doesn't necessarily help to be accepted, because of her difference. Yet, on the contrary, her universe in which she transports us and makes us aware of the modern world in which we live. Just like her music, which has slowly but surely made us more familiar and easier to listen to, Arca doesn't chew on her words and messages to make herself heard. For this reason, she has incorporated into her formula many more sounds and used more popular styles, allowing her to take on a "superior" dimension compared to her previous projects. A choice that will allow her to gain more coherence for a more refractory audience. Kick I is a success, different and innovative enough than her previous projects. On the contrary, it is surely her most important emotionally speaking
Doublez's Tags
amelietur
TheTourist90
Kanye West - Wash Us in the Blood
Wash Us in the Blood
Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?
Jessie Ware