Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind
Aug 20, 2019
Wow. I never expected to be enjoying a new Slipknot album so much in 2019, but this could be their most consistent pack of songs since The Subliminal Verses, and one of the best metal albums this year.

I've been listening to these songs for two weeks and most of them are still rewarding. There are so many cool/creepy atmospheres from the DJs here and there, the production is simply amazing as you can really feel every component of the band doing their thing (great guitar/bass/drums work), and above all, the songs are memorable. Corey Taylor provides a huge variety of ranges, he's in incredible shape both live and on the record, and in the case of the slow songs they manage to have an interesting progression to feel different from a Stone Sour record (Liar's Funeral has its own doom metal moment) so even if We Are Not Your Kind goes on over the 60 minutes, I feel like it's a ride worth the mix of headbanging and melodies.

Personal Faves: Liar's Funeral, Nero Forte, SOLWAY FIRTH, the "YOU KILLED THE SAINT IN ME" moment in Unsainted, Critical Darling, Not Long From This World... And the sexy creepiness of Spiders.

Least Favourites: Orphan, My Pain. But I still kind of like them?
Comments