Spillage Village - Spilligion
Sep 25, 2020 (updated Sep 25, 2020)
Sep 25th Album Marathon #2: Spillgion - Spillage Village

Man, I really, really wanted to like this album a lot more.

I'm just confused. I didn't expect the album to sound like this, like, at all. I thought with JID and Earthgang, they were going to absolutely murder beats and deliver amazing verses. I mean, from the singles that were released, this album was posed to be amazing. But then I started to listen to the album. This album is really mild. Examples like PsalmSing, Mecca, Hapi, Juptier, they were really chill and mellow. For me, it just feels dragged and there are better albums and songs that are in a similar style. They don't sound like fillers as I do see the purpose of these tracks being on here, but I did not enjoy listening to a couple of the tracks here. I really hope I'm wrong here as I really anticipated this record.

As I had my first listen, it started off pretty well, but it slowly and slowly lost my interest. It became background music and there wasn't anything special that pulled me back in. I thought I might have been too tired to listen to an album, but looking back, except for maybe Cupid and End Of Daze, there really weren't any catchy hooks to grab my attention.

Some verses were nice, as JID and EarthGang are good lyricists. I don't know man, maybe I was expecting them to release some hard-hitting stuff and since they decided to go for a different route, I got disappointed. Aside from Baptize, Cupid, Shiva and End Of Daze, the rest aren't songs I'll come back to. I hope I like this maybe a couple of listens, because I did have high hopes for this project.
Sep 25, 2020
What do you mean? By filler, dude, this album was smooth and lush all way through. All the tracks are memorable and different. We're you smoking something?
smoking his head on fire LIGHT YOUR BRAIN ON FIRE
Sep 25, 2020
@Twokeys yeah man I guess I was expecting it to be more hard-hitting but it turned out to be more soulful. I'll definitely listen to it more times
Sep 26, 2020
@Twokeys btw I never said they were fillers lmao I literally said "they don't sound like fillers"
shenalg01