Doc D - Planetory Destruction
Jan 21, 2021 (updated Jan 22, 2021)
It's Logic's best work yet, even if it's not Logic here. Well, it's Logic but it's not Logic. Is that logical? *laughter rumbles*

Won't go in-depth here, but this mixtape is really good. Huge Quasimoto influences, with a lot of goofy character oozing from both some clever lines and some cringy (but good cringe) skits. Man really said "I just got the new Kid Cudi album illegally, I call that shit Scott free." A couple of songs perhaps dragged a little bit too long, but the instrumentals were good enough to minimize the issue. Right, about instrumentals, Logic's production quality sees a huge upgrade, with these twists and turns of samples, including some classical drum samples to make the mixtape feel authentic. This is probably an intentional but unintentional tribute to DOOM, with the alter ego 'DOCTOR Destruction' and the mask plus hoodie shtick going on, which just makes the mixtape that much better.

"Could you be overrating this mixtape due to its surprise value?" I asked myself. "Don't care, shit bangs."

This redemption arc that Logic has going on is really interesting, and it's partly the reason why I rated it highly. From being clowned on by countless internet users to redeeming himself in No Pressure, then releasing a mixtape that's adventurous and gratifying? He's had confidence issues in the past, and it's sad to see him talking about how making hip-hop projects became tiresome and frustrating for him. I'm really, really glad to see him regaining that kind of passion, to do the kind of stuff that he loves the most. Releasing mixtapes, without the stress for it to be appealing to everyone. Man was lost, but now man is in space. Rooting for you Bobby!

Butt naked LMAOOO (laughing my *ass* off haha do you get it :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:)
Jan 22, 2021
Yea that kid cudi line was crazy
Jan 22, 2021
@redbded the corny jokes actually work here lmao
Great review!! :)
Jan 22, 2021
@Cry thanks, you're kind as always!!