Everything Everything - Re-Animator
Sep 15, 2020
Manchester art rock outfit Everything Everything return after 3 years with what might be my favourite project of theirs, expanding on the larger than life sound that I enjoyed so much about their last album while also incorporating the more experimental stylings of Get To Heaven into, in my opinion, greater effect. The instrumentation is lush and highly textured (listen to In Birdsong to see the true extent of how texturally dense this project can get), and their songwriting is thoughtful and quite timely of the world we're in right now.

Honestly my only big complaint would be how blatant their Radiohead pastiche is on a couple tracks, especially 'It Was a Monstering', in which Johnathan Higgs does his best Mid 2000's Thom Yorke impression over what sounds like an instrumental ripped straight out of Hail To The Thief. But honestly, minus that, this is really worth checking out, as it's genuinely a very creative and beautiful album minus those moments of being too blatantly Radiohead-like.

Fav Tracks: Lost Powers, Big Climb Planets, Arch Enemy, Lord of the Trapdoor, Black Hyena, In Birdsong, Violent Sun

Least Fav Tracks: It Was a Monstering