AZIZ - AZEEZUS
Sep 11, 2020
AZIZ's long awaited debut ep is finally here.

After dropping some really great singles (and partaking in the versus trilogy of projects with yours truly) in 2020, AZIZ finally drops his first ep, which contains all the atmosphere in the world and paints this really cold, desolate picture of a dejected, industrial world. I really do like what's contained on here, as the tracks are moody, very well produced and have everything I've loved from previous works by AZIZ, but sadly, I do feel like there just isn't enough. On the more fleshed out tracks, mainly Futu-Risk and Life After God, the sounds are awesome, there's lots of layers, and they feel complete and hit insanely hard. However, for the rest of the EP I find that the ideas presented, while dope as hell, just don't get enough room to be expanded upon, leading to the project feeling like it's trying to rush to the end, dipping you into its dense world instead of truly enveloping you in it. I do wish the transitions on both the Bandcamp and Soundcloud versions of this album were slightly better also. Once again, Futu-Risk to Life After God is really smooth, and I love the way AZIZ samples Unfuckwittable for the bridge, and warps it to fit the world of this album. But sadly, the other transitions either have audio cuts or don't feel very smooth.

Overall though, I did still very much enjoy the experience of this EP, and it's left me very excited for whatever comes next. AZIZ has refined his sound a lot, and while this sadly does end up feeling like a stepping stone to something greater, I do genuinely believe the next project is gonna be fantastic. Keep it up man.

Fav Tracks: Futu-Risk, Life After God, Last Exit to Paradise

Least Fav Tracks: Angel's Share, Deal in Blood
Sep 12, 2020
Mans takes a year to make his EP and every track is around a minute