Quadeca - From Me To You
Mar 30, 2021
Progressive Hip-Hop is here, and Quadeca is the unlikely spearhead for it.

While he has moments of corniness in his writing and delivery style, and not every risk pans out on this record, you'll be hard pressed to find a better produced album this year, with the entire project sounding lush, extravagant and absolutely massive, while also being very glitchy and experimental throughout, which really adds a lot to the beats on here. The flow is near impeccable, as even my least favourite songs on the project work into it well, and the atmosphere this album creates is fantastic, with it really feeling like this huge incredible journey to an insane destination. Quad's singing has improved vastly from his previous project, with his singing genuinely being very pleasing and wonderful to listen to for the most part.

I think the biggest issues I have are definitely the weaker tracks on here which do put a dampen on my enjoyment, even if they fit in nicely, and honestly? This is so much better than everything else he's ever done that it just makes the rest of his discography look so much worse now. Why listen to his older projects when this exists? This album genuinely makes his entire discography irrelevant so I hope he continues does this amazing path of quality down the line. I hope this is the album which makes Quadeca become a way more respected figure in hip-hop, and maybe even break out of the YouTube Rap stigma he's been stuck in his whole career.

I can't stress this enough also, but Sisyphus is genuinely one of the best songs of the year and if you listen to just one track from here, make it that one.
elitimesfour's Tags