The Dirty Nil - Fuck Art
Jan 7, 2021
For someone who has never listened to a punk album before this was a great listen. The vocals and the deliveries were perfectly mixed, and the sentiments were relatable and catchy. To all the punk heads: don't come at me for this review, I know nothing about punk, so this might be my introduction to the genre. I can understand why people say this has a pop feel to it, and I would agree, it does. But is there anything wrong with enjoying a pop album? No. I remember when I was younger, hating on artists like Drake because he was essentially a pop artist. It took me hundreds of hours of listening to and enjoying music to finally say "you know what, fuck it, fuck what people think about me for enjoying this music". If I like a country song, fuck what other people think, because I myself find enjoyment out of it. Nothing else matters, your ideas about how other people will view you for liking this or for liking that doesn't matter. Everyone hates on artists like LUV or Future for releasing albums that pretty much contain one song. They say there isn't any development, that it isn't even worth being reviewed as it's just recycled pop trash. I disagree with that sentiment, just like I do for "Fuck Art". Yes, it does just sound like the exact same song 11 times over, but you know what? It's a fucking good song.
Jan 7, 2021
torpedoArma
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - CARNAGE
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis
CARNAGE
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - L.W.
L.W.