Nav - Bad Habits
Mar 22, 2019 (updated Mar 26, 2020)
03/26/2020
Ok ok. I originally wrote this biased statement without listening to the album when it first dropped:

“The album is very flat and monotonous. Don’t bother listening to this. Please. GOD PLEASE.“

However I finally decided to do a first impression today, and goddamn. I fucking fell for it.
NAV sounds like a robot. That’s literally all I can say.

The only positive things I can really say are that the features are like a breath of fresh air. The Weeknd & Meek Mill’s verses [respectively] made the tracks more tolerable. However Gunna just tries to compete with NAV on who can be the most sleepiest on the beat. It’s a tie.

Also, the beats aren’t really that interesting, as they all feel one note, except for the one on Know Me. In addition, the beat switches on some of the tracks ruin the songs even more.

I regret listening to this shit to be honest. I wanted to fucking fall asleep, but I couldn’t because of the horrible “ass-grabbing” type lyrics kept sticking out like a double edged sword.
Actually thinking of it, I’ll just stick with Bladee. NAV is so fucking boring. This album just feels nonessential.
I’m sticking with my original biased review that I wrote before this thing, but now that I heard it, I guess he needs a firmware update.

TRACKS RANKED:

15. I’m Ready - 1.1666/10
16. Hold Your Breath (feat. Gunna) - 0.84375/10

MY ORIGINAL REVIEW:
Mar 23, 2019
You can tell me what to do
Mar 28, 2019