Ariana Grande - Sweetener
Aug 17, 2018
This is the first Ariana Grande album I've listened to all the way through, and I'm taken aback. Of course it's not a revolutionary piece of pop, but I underestimated Ariana's talent. Her singing is full of life and is enough to carry most of these songs without needing any huge features to back her up, as Ariana has done previously on big singles and other album cuts. The production is a place where there are some inconsistencies; Pharrell Williams' contributions stick out like a sore thumb. I love Williams' hip hop production, but his work on pop music is hit or miss. Now, nothing he did for Sweetener is that bad in my eyes, but there is a present gap in quality from the tracks with other producers.
Ariana Grande as a human will never be a favorite on my list, but her music is now growing on me. Soaring passion in her voice, great melodies and arrangements, and ultimately positive production to back her up, Ariana Grande put out a mature and substantial LP that proves her superstar status.

fav tracks: R.E.M., sweetener, get well soon, pete davidson (shout out, secure this bag homie), God is a woman
least fav tracks: successful, borderline
[hidden]
"exceptionsuck" - rapsuck, 2018
secure that bag boiii!
Aug 23, 2018
you should try to listen to her previous albums. sweetner it's just in her music standards, just her trying to keep up with the trendy sounds, sweet vocals and easy tunes.
Aug 24, 2018
I actually liked her music that came out before and accompanying her first album, but she lost me around the time she did that song with Iggy Azalea (not because of that song tbh).
Oct 20, 2018
The bag has been set loose
Oct 22, 2018