Brockhampton - iridescence
Sep 21, 2018
Better than the 1997-99 singles but god damn did I get bored. Impressive moments and verses here and there, but as an album Iridescence fails to bring the charm and charisma that the Saturation trilogy had.
Sep 21, 2018
I disagree but your def right about the lack of charisma, they just seem like weird depressed teens on this
Sep 21, 2018
Idk they have reinvented themselves and still made something compelling, what are you looking for from Brockhampton at this stage? Genuine question, just that in order to progress from the saturation trilogy I feel like this kind of reinvention was not only necessary but actually very much necessary. Guess having so many members can be a blessing in some ways and a roadblock in others
Sep 22, 2018
First off I’m just here to talk lol. Where did you get bored particularly? I felt like I was constantly freaking out about the production when i listened. I think the middle of the album to the end is the strong points. I find myself going to “where’s the cash at” rather than starting from the beginning. But let me know your thoughts.
Sep 22, 2018
'was not only necessary but actually very much necessary' - oh my god what am I even saying
Sep 23, 2018
I don't like this album because it sounds like they went for the "Bleach" aesthetic the whole time, and I preferred their tracks like "Star" and "Sweet" that had great verses and beats, but didn't have that mellowed out indie sound. I also don't like Bearface and think he fucks up the tracks that could have been more hip hop than indie. But I also think the group is trying to distance themselves from those older sounds because of Ameer's situation.
Sep 23, 2018
"But I also think the group is trying to distance themselves from those older sounds because of Ameer's situation."

Lol what the hell are you trying to argue here. This is the album they were making with Ameer, did you seriously think that they would change the entire album because of his departure? They obviously got rid of his verses and shared his lines amongst members, while also adding lines about his departure, especially on TONYA.
Sep 24, 2018
I didn’t know they made this album with Ameer.
They did not lmao
Sep 24, 2018
there’s no way they made this album with ameer lmfaoo
Sep 24, 2018
Jesus are you guys for real. They stated that they would DELAY the album and that they needed to work on his verses. You guys definitely have no knowledge in songwriting/mixing if you think that an album with this kinda production could be made in 3 months. It's not like the boys are Kanye or something lol
Sep 24, 2018
pretty sure that they were very public about making this album in London for the last three months or so, without Ameer. But don't take my word for it.
Sep 24, 2018
Tonya almost directly references Ameer leaving.
Sep 24, 2018
Dude have you not read what I said? They changed the verses of course they would mention Ameer's departure. Here's what Kevin said from a recent interview:

"We got off social media so we could finish working on the album and during that same month that’s when the allegations came up"

Do I need to show more proof?
Sep 25, 2018
Bro. Nobody gives a fuck. Stop getting so worked up over this.
Sep 25, 2018
I'm a fucker man there I shalt give fuck
Sep 25, 2018
Fairly certain that they made this album pretty quickly, this album is very over produced, but there is nothing very intricate or beautiful about the beats lol.
Sep 26, 2018
I'm with excpetion. This album ain't bad to me but y'all REACHING thinking it's good! The fucc
Sep 26, 2018
Idk, dyelir. I genuinely enjoyed the fuck out of this thing. Your own opinion is always completely valid but discounting others just because you disagree is ugly.
Sep 27, 2018
This album is objectively not good and anyone who disagrees with me and dyelir will be blocked
Sep 27, 2018
hahahahah truth
Sep 28, 2018
I agree with your comment, however it was at least a high 6 imo simply for the bangers sprinkled throughout. Definitely respect the fact that you have shared an opposing opinion to most of the people on here.