Have a Nice Life - Deathconsciousness
Jul 22, 2016
In an epic double-disc project of pure post punk perfection, Have a Nice Life's Deathconsciousness includes every possible positive quality that I look for in an album. As far as sonic progression goes, HANL executes a perfect build up to a chaotic and very satisfying closer in Earthmover.
Across the many genres displayed here, the band creates a sound that is very melancholy, but it has aggressive characteristics that make it gloomily energetic, and keeping all emotion intact. The whole atmosphere that this album gives off makes me feel like I'm in some sort of hypnagogic state, where I know what is happening, but can't control it.
One thing I've discovered about Deathconsciousness is the absolutely perfect time to listen to it. At night, alone, in a small room. That's typically how someone can feel emotions and sensations in their strongest form, and when that happens to me, I know my musical experience at that moment was better than any materialistic or tangible possession.

fav tracks: Bloodhail, Hunter, Who Would Leave Their Son Out in the Sun, Holy Fucking Shit: 40,000, Earthmover (standout)

exception's Tags
6y
No pitchfork rate = poor album