Flying Lotus - Flamagra
May 21, 2019
Worth the 4.5 year wait. Flying Lotus proves he can adapt as musical trends do, and puts out another auditory wonderland.
May 21, 2019
But is he adapting or is he innovating? You cant be calling biebs an "artist" and then say FlyLo is just "adapting" !
May 21, 2019
Unless you mean adapting in terms of his choice of features, then yeah, agreed (not that they were bad choices)
May 21, 2019
He's adapting by creating an album that taps into the trends of 2018-2019, yet remains a project that is distinctly Flying Lotus.
May 21, 2019
& i have no idea what the fuck your point is with the bieber thing. pretty sure I can call bieber anything i want regardless of what i say about this album.
seems empty, I guess
May 21, 2019
its 99% empty. bieber may not create 'art' in the same way that, say kendrick lamar creates art, but its still art. like when you compare jeff koons to picasso.
May 22, 2019
Had to look up Jeff Koons, great comparison! "Art", as I see it, is not so much a byproduct that we should champion just because it was forcibly excreted from a living body--most of the music industry nowadays--but rather an apparatus to put out or receive transmissions to and from others. What I mean to say is that there's a degree of intention that's apparent with most artists and when there's no connection (and sometimes it's my receiver that is broken) it becomes hard to associate with Art.
May 22, 2019