May 17, 2019 (updated May 18, 2019)
Might as well invite the BTS bots back with all these empty perfect ratings.

This album is by no means bad. In fact, I couldn't pick a least favorite song. Tyler remains consistent across this project by creating mediocre songs; the best part of the album is Playboi Carti's appearance on Earfquake. What Tyler proved on Igor is that he values aesthetic over substance. There is a very clear theme and sound to this project, remaining pretty prominent on all 12 songs. But that sound and theme... doesn't mean anything. His lyrics are weaker than ever and his arrangements are ambitious but fall flat, specifically with that buzzy synth being on nearly every track. It's annoying and doesn't add to the sound. Where Flower Boy had concepts that were fully-fleshed out (See You Again, Glitter), Igor is a concept that doesn't lead anywhere. After finishing this album a few times, I managed to be confused after each listen. Basically, the whole album sounds like it began with a focused concept/sound that devolved into this very very boring project. Also, Tyler's singing is so flat and brings this album down substantially. Tyler stans will eat this up as they do with all of his endeavors, and I'm not looking forward to hearing about how great and artistic he is. I give him credit for trying, but Tyler is yet to prove himself as a successful conceptual musician.

Fav piece of a track: Playboi Carti on Earfquake
May 17, 2019
Ehh theyre not as outrageous as BTS' album
^
May 17, 2019
Outrageous or not, its dumb as fuck and needs to stop.
May 17, 2019
ngl i was hoping you would give it at least above a 70, i think its fantastic, yes tyler said it ain't cherry bomb etc, it rly got cherry bomb all over it but much more polished. The lyrics on the other hand seem dip in quality but this album is so straight forward w it which is why i like it sm. I hope you could change your mind about this, my 90 might stand, but over time it won't go under 80 fs!
Can you review this, I really want to know why you think it's a 62
Okay
May 18, 2019
Implying your review or any of the meme reviews are any more substantive
May 18, 2019
Also, get that Synth Funk tag the fuck out of here. This isn't close to being synth funk, or funk period.
May 18, 2019
Donald shut the fuck up!
May 19, 2019
the best moment on the album is actually when playboi carti says "so in love" twice as his voice is echoed and reverbed
May 20, 2019
I was thinking a lot of the same things. People act like his singing gets a pass because its “not rap” as if rap is the only well-written genre...
May 21, 2019
The concept of album is very clear and the songs are connected. The album is about a love story between Tyler or his character IGOR and a girl. Album starts with Tyler liking this girl, being together, then they break-up and the last tracks are about after the relationship has been ended. How you don't get it? EARFQUAKE - I THINK is Tyler falling in love, RUNNING OUT OF TIME - NEW MAGIC WAND is about the love being ended. GONE GONE/ THANK YOU - end of the album is about after the relationship
STOP RATING IT LIKE IT'S A RAP ALBUM IT'S NOT A FUCKING RAP ALBUM RETARDS
This Comment Section is No Place for Ableism
May 23, 2019
Just because you didn’t enjoy it doesn’t mean other people can’t enjoy it
May 23, 2019
Nowhere in this review did i even imply that
May 24, 2019
"Tyler stans will eat this up as they do with all of his endeavors, and I'm not looking forward to hearing about how great and artistic he is" = I don't enjoy this so anyone who does only likes it bc it's Tyler.
Gave Flower Boy a 25 for no apparent reason too. Trash trash trash
May 24, 2019
No, it means that Tyler Stans eat it up because they're under the belief that he's a great and incredible artist because they don't listen to artists who actually innovate. Tyler Stans only enjoy this because its tyler, and i genuinely believe ALL stans for ANY artist are musically blind and are the most annoying people to talk to on the internet. I'll give flower boy a fucking 0 bro.
May 25, 2019
"Tyler Stans only enjoy this because it's Tyler" is such disingenuous bullshit lmao. Yeah, of course, the stans are gonna praise the album like it's a masterpiece, BUT to claim that they only think it's good because it's Tyler is ridiculous. Countless amounts of people who aren't even into Tyler's music thought that this album was fantastic. Clearly, it has at least SOME musical appeal. I don't think anyone loves it just because it's Tyler.
May 25, 2019
I mean, I'll admit, I do that with Kanye - I click with his music even if the common opinion is mediocrity. Everyone has an artist like that. I feel like if you are considered a stan, by definition, you husually everything they do and who the artist is. The whole song was about a fan who collected Eminem's music for years and was amazed by everything he did to bleaching his own hair, hanging up posters, etc. Did Eminem really make nothing but masterpieces? not to many, but to Stan, he did.
you usually love*
May 25, 2019
“Countless amounts of people who aren't even into Tyler's music thought that this album was fantastic”
i agree with this and don’t deny that people will like it. i said that the STANS only like it because it’s tyler. that doesn’t mean this is a bad album, nor does that mean non-stans won’t like this. fucking read what i say before you call me out on something i NEVER said. this definitely has musical appeal, i was only talking about stans.