Jaden - ERYS
Jul 8, 2019
Jaden Smith's music is generic and inoffensive. He does nothing to prove this isn't just the album of some rich kid who wanted to make rap music, because that's exactly what he sounds like (as he did on Syre) .
Jaden has been fed off of a silver platter his entire life. His place in the rap scene is unneeded and a fuck you to every single rapper with even the mildest of comeups (from Drake to Macklemore, they did a hell of a lot more than Jaden). Before Syre, nobody aside from a niche following cared about Jaden Smith the Musician. After Syre drops, and Jaden proves absolutely nothing as far as musical talent or skill goes, he blows up as if nobody already knew his name.
Nothing about this music is special, but Jaden gives it cryptic titles like ERYS and gives songs one letter titles. Most of you on this website see right through it, but believe me when I say some people actually think that those things make him an interesting and unique artist. I have met and talked to them.
Don't toss this aside as another one of my ramblings without a real point. While I did ramble, the point of this is that in a just and competitive industry and economy, this album and Jaden Smith would not exist. This album is the product of late-stage capitalism's inadequacies. Usually I'll be more angry when I write shit like this, but im giving up at this point.
Jul 9, 2019
the worst thing about jaden honestly is just that he could be a lot more that a dude hiding generic music behind meaningless pseudo deep titles. dude has endless resources and spend it to sound generic