The Weeknd's follow up to 2015's Beauty Behind the Madness is an improvement; but not very much of one. Most songs are painfully formulaic, with very shallow lyrics and anticlimactic production (aside from the Daft Punk crafted songs). Kendrick Lamar, however, absolutely kills it on his feature, even with Sidewalks being one of the more annoying songs on Starboy. Lana Del Rey does what she does best by not adding anything positive to the album, and Future lightens the mood with his verse on All I Know. Filler runs rampant on Starboy, and the non filler tracks simply aren't that great, but are decent at times.

fav tracks: Starboy (standout), Nothing Without You, Reminder, I Feel It Coming
exception's Tags
Nov 25, 2016
After the first listen I think i'm in agreement with you here dude, especially when you say how the songs are super formulaic, that really got on my nerves. I'll see how it fares with repeated listens though, nice review :)
Nov 25, 2016
"Lana del Rey does what she does best by not adding anything positive to the album"

I love you exception
yass shade lana!
Dec 1, 2016
Of course she does not add anything positive to the album! She's the queen of pseudo-emo douchebags!
[hidden]
Dec 1, 2016
I love you too shaz, don't get jealous
[hidden]