Pop Smoke - Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon
Jul 3, 2020
I HAVE ONE PROBLEM WITH THIS ALBUM.ITS ANNOYING THAT ON A LOT OF THE TRACKS ESPECIALLY THE FEATURE TRACKS, THE BEAT IS NOT BUILT FOR HIM AND HE SOUNDS REALLY ODD SOMETIMES.LIKE I COME TO A POP SMOKE PROJECT TO GET AWAY FROM GENERIC TRAP SONGS BUT ITS HERE TOO AND ITS ANNOYING.LIKE THE ONLY TRACKS DECENT ON HERE USE HIS GOOD DRILL BEAT SOUND AND LIKE 2 SONGS ON HERE USE IT.ALSO ALMOST ALL THE FEATURES SUCK ON HERE AND DON’T GO WITH HIS SOUND. I FEEL THAT A LOT STUCK THEIR NAME ON HERE FOR A FAT CHECK.LIKE DOES RODDY NEED TO BE ON A POP SMOKE ALBUM? NO.
This is the debut album and first posthumous but hopefully only posthumous album from rapper Pop smoke.I was actually hyped for the album, especially since I like his previous albums but I was disappointed, very disappointed. I dislike a lot of the songs on here to the point where I appreciate his meet the woo one mixtape.
1. Bad bitch from Tokyo-6/10-Sadly is too short, but has decent production and okay lyrics. A play start to this album.
2. Aim for the moon(Feat.Quavo)-8/10-This is honestly one of the best songs on here. Great production, great verses by both and it’s just a banger.
3. For the night-(Feat. Lil Baby and Dababy)-2/10-This song is so Mediocre it’s laughable. Pop does fine on here but Lil Baby and dababy hold this track down. Horrible production.
4. 44 Bulldog-7/10-This track sounds like it’s from Meet the woo 1 or 2 and that’s a good thing. The intro of this review or the outro will explain why. Great production and decent verses.
5. Gangstas-5/10-This Track moving down this album slowly starts falling apart due to its weird production and weird verses from pop.
6. Yea yea-6/10-Great lyrics from pop smoke but is held down by mediocre production. It sounds like a generic song from a different album.
7. Creature(Feat.Swae Lee)-4/10-Swae lee hands down ruins this track. Pop is fine on here but the production is just okay.
8. Snitching-5/10-This track is way too long for no reason and quavo is on this track to much. Quavo surprisingly does good on here. Pop is fine but short. Future is horrible on here.Sadly very generic production.
9. Make it rain(Rowdy Rebel)-6/10-This Song would be so much better if rowdy wasn’t on it, or the quality wasn’t from a phone. This tracks reminds me of Stoopid by 6ix9ine when it comes to the call. On the track Bobby shmurda is featured and has a low sound quality feature from being in jail at the time.
10. The woo(Feat. 50 Cent and Roddy Ricch)-1/10-Pop does fine on here along with 50 but Roddy ruins it. Especially with his Garbage singing and shitty flow. And the production is one of the worst on here.
11. West Coast shit(Feat.Tyga and Quavo)-1/10-This is embarrassing. I don’t understand. Pop is from New York, yet it’s called west coast shit but Quavo is from Georgia. Like it’s so dumb. I don’t care to look up where Tyga is and this track has some garbage production.
12. Enjoy Yourself(Feat. Karol G)-3/10-Like all the feature tracks on here they are bad. Pop is good but Karol ruins it and has no business being on here. Production is subpar.
13. Mood swings(Feat.Lil Tjay)-5/10-This Track for is surprisingly okay. Pop like usual does good on here but somehow Tjay does not ruin it with his singing. The auto tune is unnecessary but is not over the top. Generic production. Like bad production.
14. Something special-8/10-This track is definitely something special. Great old school vining production. Like this is great. Pop does so good on here. He rides the beat so good. Love this track.
15. What you know about love-6/10-This track is fine. Nice verses but subpar production. Nothing special here honestly.
16. Diana(Feat. King Combs)-5/10-This track is average honestly. Lame production but okay verses from both artist. Nothing here honestly.
17. Got it on me-6/10-Definitely a very good motivational song especially with the instrumental but then it has the horn that sounds like the end of time is coming but it’s fine enough. Lame chorus but great verses from poppy.
18. Tunnel Vision(Outro)-6/10-Another average pop track. Great production but okay verses. Sadly not a stand out track.
19. Dior-8/10-Go read my meet the woo review for the score. Also why is this the 3rd time this track is on a pop album, like I don’t understand.
Final score: 98/190
Jul 4, 2020
man, couldn't agree more. Never listened to Pop Smoke before, never mind a whole album, but I kept seeing these reviews saying how great & "special" it was, so I decided to peep it. Not sure what they were listening to, most of it sounds like generic Auto Tuned trap. Track 8 IS something special, the flow, the vibe, the sound, all mesh really well, I could bump that, I'ma cop that one.

The rest? I just don't see anything that stands out. I'm not into Trap at all, period, so yeah, not feeling most of this. May cop a couple of these joints, but yeah, nah to the rest. Should I check out his other albums?
Jul 20, 2020
This is definitely a late reply but I recommend both of the “Meet the woo” tapes. They both have the vibe that blew him up so on those you won’t find The generic trap sound like this tape. I actually plan on changing my reviews for both of those tapes(higher than they are) so I definitely recommend both. But I think the first is probably better than the second but that’s personally opinion. :)