Merzbow - Pulse Demon
Merzbow is an artist who has always been an example to me of how eccentric and even fucked up music can be. I often showed his work to friends (mainly this album) because I liked to see their reactions. We usually laughed at it and hardly anyone thought it was music. For good reason, even then, I never decided to listen to any of his albums in their entirety. I didn't want to strain my hearing too much, or to bother, because I saw that this album was not pleasant. Its very existence is somehow ridiculous and you can ask yourself why, why it exists at all. In any case, the day finally came when I decided to give this "classic" Pulse Demon a chance and it wasn't that bad, first of all, I didn't listen to it loudly and secondly, while listening, I played the game First Snow which is a little and cute visual novel. The soundtrack from this game really made this album sound nice, even though the sounds didn't fit together in theory. This minimalist and warm piano from this game gave this album a cool feeling of surrealism and generally, it gave it feelings. I was just at the stage of the game where the ideal song came along, which fitted in perfectly with the sound of Pulse Demon and I stopped playing for a while, just listening to this music. This situation even made me do a mashup between the Pulse Demon and the soundtrack from this game that I will release on Tuesday. So in my opinion, the noise genre is a shitty one itself (it’s just too bare for what it is) but when you add interesting ambient elements to it, it can turn into something really beautiful and atmospheric.
wow you actually did it
Good News
Kali Uchis - Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios) ∞
Kali Uchis
Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios) ∞
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - K.G.
K.G.