JID - The Forever Story
Aug 26, 2022 (updated Aug 30, 2022)
EDIT: Omg it's already growing on me exponentially. Don't be surpirsed if this ends up in my Top 3 of the year

"Fuck Hulk Hogan and fuck Joe Rogan, because it flows" is goddamn hysterical

i've always believed that, purely based on raw technical skill and talent, J.I.D is absolutely one of the greatest in the game right now, but i also believed that his two previous records, while great, weren't the classics i felt he was capable of.

but "The Forever Story" is easily is his best work, with some pretty good production with mind-boggling flows and lyricism, as one might expect from J.I.D. what i didn't expect were the elements of neo-soul and amount of catchy hooks there are on this thing.

do i think it's the best rap album of the year so far? no, unfortunately Black Thought, Kendrick, Denzel & a few more still have him beat imo. but that doesn't change the fact that this is a great album from Dreamville's finest and one that i'm sure will only grow on me more as time goes on.

also HOLY SHIT THAT YASIIN BEY VERSE THO

FAVORITE TRACKS: Raydar, Dance Now, Crack Sandwich, Can't Punk Me, Surround Sound, Sistanem, Stars, Money, Better Days, Lauder Too

LEAST FAVORITE TRACK: Bruddanem

3mo
JID does not know how to make a bad album istg