Korn - The Path of Totality
THE NU METAL CHALLENGE PART 11/25

The fact I actually had a smidgeon of hope for this album bewilders me. I think I accidentally spiked my morning tea.

Against all odds, I expected this universally lauded dubstep and nu-metal crossover to work. I thought that maybe people were just being a bit too critical at the time or maybe, just maybe, hating on Korn a bit too much because their career allegedly nosedived into an active volcano about a decade before this album's release. Maybe this was an experimental endeavour that people would come to appreciate la-

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA, you naive fuckwad.

When I first heard 'Get Up!' I wanted to 'Get Up!' and jump in front of the nearest oncoming train. It was an absolute disgusting mess to me and the worst musical experience I'd had until certain albums in this challenge *cough hack wheeze* BLOWNLOAD *cough cough* managed to change my perception drastically. It shows here, because Get Up! is now what I consider the best song on this brainless shitpost of a gimmicky crossover.

It's not like I even hate the concept: nu-metal and dubstep together had potential to be one of the most violent, aggressive and experimental things on earth that, while laughable, could actually make for some fun music. I was hoping that at least, idk, one of these songs would go hard or fulfil that off-the-walls quality I wanted so desperately to exist. Alas, it didn't and now I'm stuck with 11 obnoxious, whiny electro-pop shitstains with slight metal influence. And believe it or not half the time, having a generic electro-pop beat wasn't an issue until Jonathan Davis starts bitching and moaning about some gutless edgy nonsense that even an obnoxious 11-year-old in a COD lobby in 2013 wouldn't find remotely interesting.

Just when I thought this series might get a redemption arc.
Mar 4, 2021
๐’ฎ๐’ฝ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ป๐“Š๐’ธ๐“€ ๐“Š๐“…, ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‰ ๐“Š๐“…!
Mar 4, 2021
At least Jonathan is a good singer and screamer.
i agree
and that's why this album sucks wild boar penis
Korn Debut is fantastic tho
Can’t argue with that
Mar 5, 2021
"Path of Totality" crawled so "1000 Gecs" could fly
Mar 5, 2021
@SassyTabasco if you keep saying this i will start to believe you, please stop.
Mar 6, 2021
@fucktonymaguire YOU FEAR THE TRUTH
Mar 31, 2021
No Korn is better no Korn is better no Korn is betterrrrr!!!