Jan 21, 2021
For many, IGOR is Tyler, The Creator's best project, and I just happen to share that opinion, because, after all, it's his most well-produced, thematically consistent, and enjoyable record to date. Since I have given up ever having my own niche review style, I decided that I would write paragraphs for every song. Not only is it easier, but it makes my reviews seem far more complex and interesting than they actually are. The only downside to this review style is the fact I have to pay attention to the music.

TRACK ONE: IGOR'S THEME
The record starts off with an electronic wave that continues for about 20 seconds until anything else happens. The production is lo-fi, but the recording is so good sounding that it still sounds clean. Very awesome track.

TRACK TWO: EARFQUAKE
The vocal effects added to Tyler's voice sound really good, and the Playboi Carti feature is unbelievably catchy. The deeper voice that happens after the verse is also very good sounding.

TRACK THREE: I THINK
A hip-hop track with a very fresh beat and a simple-yet great hook. Short, and very catchy. This track also starts the main storyline of the album.

TRACK FOUR: EXACTLY WHAT YOU RUN FROM YOU END UP CHASING
it's a skit, so it doesn't matter. It's good anyways.

TRACK FIVE: RUNNING OUT OF TIME
This can be summarized as Tyler & The Chipmunks. the beat is compromised of very synthy bass lines, and other buzzy noises. Another short track.

TRACK SIX: NEW MAGIC WAND
My personal favorite track. Tyler goes near-horrorcore with this track, as he's trying to kill his Ex's girlfriend. Very enthralling verses, and a beat that can never be forgotten.

TRACK SEVEN: A BOY IS A GUN
an infectious sample, with a simultaneously ear-wormy chorus. The bass on this song is absolutely insane, but I think that goes for all the songs on this album, as I DID give it a 10/10. A lot of gun references in the lyrics, but that's to be expected. Again, incredible track.

TRACK EIGHT: PUPPET
On my first listen of this album, I didn't realize Kanye was even ON the song, because he's hidden behind the beat! When I finally figured out that he was in fact on the song, it just made it better, because I'm biased. Oh yeah, the songs really good too.

TRACK NINE: WHAT'S GOOD
The first appearance of IGOR's true nature. An angry, jealous, bitter character. Tyler's voice is so trapped in this really thick mix, but it makes the whole experience a smidgen better. The HEAVY synth of bum-bum-bum-budubump-bump-bump-bump is very powerful sounding. Amazing song, again.

TRACK TEN: GONE, GONE / THANK YOU
A two parted track where Tyler claims that he just doesn't care about the relationship anymore. The vocal effects are so strong on this one, that it's hard to even consider that it's Tyler in the first place. Every second of this track is masterfully crafted into what is most likely one of Tyler's greatest songs EVER. Truly incredible.

TRACK ELEVEN: I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE
a tiny, vengeful track. Pure spite condensed into a microscopic voice in the corner of sound. The electric guitar is beautiful. Lots of counterclockwise bass lines, yep.

TRACK TWELVE: ARE WE STILL FRIENDS?
The final track to the album, and the most cinematic one. This project is like a movie, and this is definitely the climax. After every repeat of the line, the louder, and more complex the song gets. After dwindling into nothing, Tyler's vocals kick back in, and the end of the song starts. Once Tyler finishes his big scream, the song shortly ends, leaving me with nothing but amazement, even though this is like the 5th or 6th time I've heard it

How do you guys like this new review format? Am I good at it? Bad at it? Tell me, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!
Jan 22, 2021
The format is nice, the only thing I'd suggest is perhaps a concluding paragraph?
Jan 22, 2021