Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend
Jun 4, 2021
Looks like I finally found my album of the year. Wolf Alice has been one of my new discoveries this year, my first experience with the band was with the first single from this album, "The Last Man on Earth", and let's say it was a three-dimensional experience, the emotion and style of the band took me completely by surprise (in a great way), I remember that the day I heard this song I was super excited to hear more of the band's projects, but unfortunately nothing captivated me in the same way. "Visions of Life" was a project I liked at first, but it was very forgettable in my head after a while, as the melodies were too weak for me despite the great production and interesting lyrics, but still there were good highlights there for me like "Heavenward" and "Don't Delete These Kisses", but here on this album every song is a highlight for me, which shows the evolution and potential of this band, finally expanded to great horizons.

Blue Weekend is well represented by its cover, a certain melancholy is associated with this project but in a beautiful and mysterious way. An experience that transcends the soul and lyrically seeks an answer to the human behavior and all its complexity as in Safe From Heartbreak and The Last Man On Heart. Wolf Alice have become experts in this album of creating the most fantastic crescendos. The production and instrumentation are so serene. The perfect combination of genres like dream pop and alternative rock. The honest and sincere narration told by Ellie. I could stay here for hours trying to explain the feeling all these tracks made me feel but I probably wouldn't be able to convey enough in words the way this album deserves. Definitely one of the biggest highlights of this year.

The Beach (8.6/10)
Delicious Things (9.2/10)
Lipstick On The Glass (9.2/10)
Smile (9.5/10)
Safe From Heartbreak (if you never fall in love) (9.8/10)
How Can I Make It OK? (9.1/10)
Play The Greatest Hits (9.2/10)
Feeling Myself (9/10)
The Last Man On Earth (10/10)
No Hard Feelings (8.7/10)
The Beach II (9/10)

Average Score: 92 💙
Jun 5, 2021
Love this review!! :)
Jun 5, 2021
@Cry thank u so much 🥰
"Looks like I finally found my album of the year" bitch me too the fuck