Olivia Rodrigo - deja vu
Apr 1, 2021 (updated Apr 1, 2021)
Olivia Rodrigo's next single "deja vu" is a good sequel to "drivers license", a song that in my opinion was quite good considering that we are talking about the first song she ever released. There were many opinions with the success and legitimacy of Olivia as an artist but in my opinion she is a genuine and charismatic person who has a lot of artistic potential, many people demand too much of her making comparisons such as Lorde, but each artist develops in his own way. If there was no "Put Yours Hearts Up" we wouldn't have a sweetener or thank u, next, if we didn't have a "Tim McGraw" we wouldn't have a folklore or evermore and considering the quality of these latest singles from Olivia I just hope for more good things from her.

Now talking more about the song in particular, "deja vu" did not immediately captivate me like drivers license but I felt more personality in this song and less "sounds like this artist or she is imitating this". The melodies are refreshing and the production is quite good and fun along with the lyrics despite some problems in the mix. It's a great direction for the singer's debut album and I'm very excited about it.
Comments