Adele - 30
Nov 19, 2021
Finally arrived the anticipated '30', Adele's fourth studio album, after 6 years of musical desert of the successful '25'. "Easy On Me", the first single from this album, showed an artist still surrounded by her comfort zone, but will the rest of the album manage to break the barriers of that bubble and expand the singer's artisticity?

Starting with what the singer hit the nail on here, "My Litte Love". The song is everything I expected from Adele, the lyrics are as sincere as she's ever been, and the production expands the singer's vocals to another level. During the album we can see Adele's tendency towards R&B and Soul sounds, which in my opinion are the genres in which the singer shines the most. The singer's timbre has a surreal beauty and now she seems to take more risks with her voice than in other albums.

The problem comes later, when the singer starts to ramble on sounds that don't complement her in any way, like the disappointing "Can I Get It" in which the singer decides to lean towards a more pop country genre, which is completely uninteresting in her voice and with a terrible flow. The instrumentation of many of the songs on the album is quite weak compared to the singer's vocals, which makes the feelings she brings not as fascinating as they could be.

In conclusion, '30' comes with moments of glory but with lows that spoil the album's consistency. For many, the album will be a divine experience, but for listeners who expect more from the singer it can kinda feel like a mixed bag.
Comments