Billie Eilish & ROSALÍA - Lo Vas A Olvidar
Jan 23, 2021
MISSED OPPORTUNITY ☹

Billie Eilish and Rosalia unite for “Lo Vas A Olvidar,” which will be part of the soundtrack of the highly successful Euphoria TV series from HBO. To be frank, I am not the biggest fan of Billie, due to her ascendency to stardom being more artificial, than the late Joan River’s face, but nevertheless I enjoyed her previous projects to a certain extent. Meanwhile, regarding Rosalia, I really enjoyed her output lately, being one of the few who actually enjoyed the “Blinded by the Light (Remix).” Thus, considering all this, I was quite curios about the results of this collaboration, but in the end, I came away quite disappointed.

I’ll start off by saying that I don’t feel Rosalia’s presence, as she is blending in too much with Billie’s trademark whisper vocal delivery. I feel like Rosalia could’ve brought so much more to the song but she was hampered by the songs one-dimensionality. I feel like the song is not going anywhere, not having a clear direction, just being in a constant lull for 3 minutes. If on previous occasions, Finneas’s production actually came in to save Billie from monotones, here the lack of any trepidation or change doesn’t do the song any favour. On a less negative note, the song is a decent atmospheric experience at times and I think it could be well purposed for the soundtrack of the TV series, but I don’t feel like it will get any radio play at all.

Overall, I came away disappointed with the song knowing that both Rosalia and Billie can achieve so much more. I wish that Billie would finally distance herself from her whisper vocal delivery, as it slowly grows stale and whenever she switches up, she pulls it off really successfully. Despite artistic stagnation, there are still millions of fans who will eat up anything that Billie puts out, thus this might be a cause for her refusal to switch things up.

Score: 4.5/10.
Great review! :)
Jan 24, 2021
Thanks @Cry :) What did you make of the song?
Jan 24, 2021
@GGSteven I thought it was great, way better than Billie's past two singles
Jan 24, 2021
@Cry, I haven't been really digging her last singles either :(
But I felt this one went too along the same lines
Jan 24, 2021
@GGSteven Yupp I understand! :)
Scre4meh
mannypoko
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - CARNAGE
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis
CARNAGE
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - L.W.
L.W.