The Beths - Expert In A Dying Field
Sep 29, 2022 (updated Sep 30, 2022)
Ok, I don't even know where to start this review bcs it's not my usual thing, I just rate albums and that's it, no commentary on WHY I gave it that rating. But I want my take on this album to be heard. The Beths have such a beautiful and bittersweet way of portraying heartbreak, loneliness or even longing, longing for the past, the fear of changing, the fear of what that change might bring. Mainly the thing that made me talk about this was the last song on the album, "2am". It's just, an ache, a heart ache actually. The song talks about a relationship that you grew out of it with time, mainly bcs you were teenagers then, and now you are adults and things aren't the way it used to be, but...you still love them, even now, even after all this time has passed. The cathartic outro for this song resembles heart ache for me, the ache that you get from knowing that time will change you and there's no way of stopping that...you just have to deal with it. The ache that the people around you will change and maybe...maybe they'll become strangers.

And this whole album I believe it tries to represent this, the fear of change, of what you had and what you lost. The fear that maybe...some things are really meant to be left to rot :)))))

Comments