That's right, it's finally time. Today is the day I listen to and review Deathconsciousness.
This album starts very subtly. The plucky acoustic guitars and alien-like synths immediately pull you into another dimension altogether. By the end of this first track I felt like I was somebody else, as pretentious as that sounds. The peacefulness doesn't last for long, though. Once the mechanical, distorted drums kick in, it's all over. This album sounds like Radiohead's OK Computer but if the whole record was just Climbing Up the Walls. Everything has this eerily beautiful echo effect put over it and it just works so damn well. The vocals are buried in the mix yet still somehow manage to be the most attention-grabbing parts of the record at times. Usually I write reviews while I'm listening to the album I'm reviewing, but with Deathconsciousness I don't think I can do that. So I'm gonna end the review here for now, maybe I'll go more in-depth with it in the future, but for now I think I just need to sit and listen. Pogchamp!
Comments