Wild Pink - A Billion Little Lights
Feb 19, 2021
I was pretty nervous for this release since Wild Pink's last album means a lot to me and the instant grat tracks weren't doing a lot to hold my attention. Of course I was foolish to be worried cause what the fuck do I know. The band still sounds amazing and I'm sure this will rival "Yolk in the Fur" after repeat listens. They still are my number one band to listen to while driving at night or in the snow. It's the perfect atmosphere for their music. They're so tranquil and thought provoking. ABLL has all the landmarks that made previous Wild Pink albums great, tiny little ear catching moments, great lyrics, and seamless song transitions that help make the record an all encompassing experience. It also ventures into some new territory at some points which is great for the band. I'd say it's a more lush recording than the first two records with xylophone and various percussion sections filling out some of the tracks. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes The War on Drugs or similar mellow indie rock. Definitely excited to dig deeper into this.
Comments
thefinschise199
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - CARNAGE
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis
CARNAGE
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - L.W.
L.W.