Beastie Boys - Hello Nasty
Oct 8, 2019
Even though we love all Beastie Boys albums, for HHGA this one comes closest to the brilliance of their Paul’s Boutique masterpiece. Eclectic and creative as always, and more in tune with a pure Hip Hop feel that was less in evidence on their previous two albums, Hello Nasty shows us the Beastie Boys at a new peak of their artistic powers.

Tracks like “Intergalactic”, “Body Movin’”, “Three MCs And One DJ” and “Super Disco Breakin’” are the obvious favorites here, but Hello Nasty has much more to offer. “The Negotiation Limerick File”, “Putting Shame In Your Game”, “Unite” and “The Move” are all Beastie Boys bangers, and even ‘non-Hip Hop’ tracks like “Song For The Man”, “Song for Junior”, “I Don’t Know” and “Dr Lee, PhD” work. Also, recruiting Mix Master Mike was a masterstroke, as he adds a great Hip Hop vibe with his work on the turntables.

Much like Check Your Head and Ill Communication, Hello Nasty revels in genre-dipping and sound-effects experimentation, and arguably on this album it all works best. Hello Nasty is structured perfectly, making the album feel like one long track – recapturing the feel of Paul’s Boutique in a great way.

Top Hip Hop Albums Of The 1990s: https://hiphopgoldenage.com/list/top-100-hip-hop-albums-of-the-1990s/
Comments