Gunna & Lil Baby - Drip Harder
Oct 23, 2020
Lil Baby and Gunna have been described as one of the best current rap duos. The only reason I can see why is they are both equally as boring and monotonous as each other, so they have something in common.

"Drip Harder" is very underproduced, these beats are so sleepy, so lifeless, and extremely repetitive. They all follow the same formula of:
~ Get a melody / sample, but mix it in so low you can barely hear it besides the intro and outro of songs
~ Use extremely generic and safe 808 and hit-hat patterns
~ Done

As for the rapping on this record, my god you can't even tell if they're saying words at points. Both artists sound absolutely lifeless for a big majority of this album. It's not even the autotune that sounds bad it's just that it carries them so hard because neither of them have great voices.

Lyrically, I mean shit what is there to say, they rap about the same topics on every track; fame, money, drip, sex, designer clothes and cars. There is nothing else even touched besides on the track "Close Friends" which tells one of the most basic stories about love in the book. The rapper's flows are also really unoriginal and uninspired, like really these guys have nothin interesting at all in their music.

The features aren't good either, Lil Durk, NAV, and even Young Thug miss on this one, Drake is the only good one, and he carries the first minute of the closing track "Never Recover".
So, yeah, I didn't like this project, the only good song is "Drip Too Hard" and call me basic because I could really give a fuck, it's the only good song.
Oct 24, 2020
Man, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree. :( Great review though! :)
Wolf
Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios) ∞
Rina Sawayama - Lucid
Rina Sawayama
Lucid
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - K.G.
K.G.