Lil Skies - Unbothered
"Unbothered" bothered me.

The only good songs are the singles. "Havin My Way" and "Riot" are really some of Skies best songs. "Ok" grew on me a bit but the mix is still trash. "On Sight" is garbage.

The rest is also garbage. The new songs from here were plain SHIT. Monotone, uninteresting, and lazy are 3 words I could use to describe this. The songs really blended into one big slog. The autotune that Skies uses here is way too fucking high. Sure, Skies is no stranger to autotune but my GOD. Just listen to "On Sight" and you'll know what I mean.

I guess the production is ok, but it was better on his other albums. The vocals here click a lot too, which is a little distracting when tryna to listen to the music. The mix overall is poor. Poor is also a word to describe the effort Skies himself puts onto this album. There is NOTHING on this album that's ear catching or anything. He says the same shit, sometimes stealing bars from previous tracks, over and over again. Like dude we get it, you're rich and you have haters. Everyone in your position and higher has the exact same shit going on. Skies lyrically is completely dead on this album.

Is this the nail in the coffin for Lil Skies' career? Probably, I mean shit who wants to listen to a worse NAV when they could jus listen to NAV who has better production, tighter flows, and funnier lyrics. This didn't really crush my expectations because I honestly wasn't expecting anything. R.I.P for Skies.
Jan 22, 2021
Love this review!! Hopefully Skies can come back strong for you! :)
Jan 22, 2021
@Cry I don't know man, this album really did it for me in terms of believing in Skies, not in a positive way.
@hiphophead26 Yupp, I understand. :(
[hidden]
Jan 24, 2021
@hvkim1x NAV being in his prime doesn’t excuse the fact that Lil Skies has somehow grown to be more boring and unoriginal as him. Comparing this to NAV’s most recent tape, it’s like night and day. NAV’s tape sounded like a breath of fresh air with it’s watery production and NAV’s tighest flows yet. This however, just proves that Skies has lost any of the flare he had on the songs you mentioned, this album is trash in my opinion. Skies in his prime was definitely better than NAV, but now he makes similar sounding music, just with worse flows and production. The comparison seemed fitting to me.
Emergency Tsunami>Unbothered